[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 11:55:09 UTC 2007

Hi!

I also think we should avoid the context switch to the ZMI. We were
advocating this all the time. I think we should have a site configuration
like we have now and another one for advanced stuff. The advanced one
should have a big warning like "Be sure you know what you do here, or you
will shoot yourself in the foot. We decided to not hide the gun, but we
warn you about it's use!". I certainly wouldn't care about a policy to
move configuration to the ZMI just because it's more complex for stuff I
do.

I know giving people to many options is bad, that's why I think there
should be a difference for standard configuration and advanced
configuration.

I also think optilude has a point in providing some configuration only via
local utilities to the developer. But this should be done in a sane way
and not require overrides.zcml or something like that. It should just be a
matter of subclassing aan existing utility, change some variables and
register it locally for the site it should be used for.

Regards,
Florian Schulze