[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Mar 28 18:46:25 UTC 2007

whit wrote:

> re: zmi. lets talk about being painfully modal. The fact we are having
> this conversation seems to indicate a different and wider issue to me.

Without wanting to get into an abstract and easy-to-talk-past-each-other
discussion, I think you're right. :-)

A useful metric may be "if it's too complex for real users and thus not
good to keep in the control panel, it should be configurable in code".

"Configurable in code" should not mean "go change config.py", it should
mean "override this component or register something else for this
interface" if you need to alter behaviour.

How's that for abstract and easy to misunderstand? :)