[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Mar 24 09:41:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:49:50 -0700, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>
>>>          - Only show the Display/Add/WF pulldowns on the View screen
>>>              - Possibly remove the border on initial creation forms
>>> (ie.
>>>                keep the actual green border, but remove everything
>>>                clickable on it, since it causes errors)
>>  +1
>>  We already do this with formlib-based add forms from plone.app.form.
>
> Done both of these: no border/tabs on the "add form" with portal factory
> or formlib, and no drop-downs except on the View tab. The former is done
> with a check in base_edit; the latter is done with a content provider
> registration: the menu is registered for view = IViewView, whilst there
> is a fallback one for IBrowserView that is just empty.

Great! It has one bug, though: I just created a new site after doing svn
up, and on the front page (which is a default view in the portal), you
don't get any menus, so it's hard to add anything. In fact, since that's
the only page (and the menus are missing from folder_contents), you can't
really add anything anymore, which is unfortunate. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net