[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Mar 24 00:49:50 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:

>>          - Only show the Display/Add/WF pulldowns on the View screen
>>              - Possibly remove the border on initial creation forms (ie.
>>                keep the actual green border, but remove everything
>>                clickable on it, since it causes errors)
>
> +1
>
> We already do this with formlib-based add forms from plone.app.form.

Done both of these: no border/tabs on the "add form" with portal factory
or formlib, and no drop-downs except on the View tab. The former is done
with a check in base_edit; the latter is done with a content provider
registration: the menu is registered for view = IViewView, whilst there
is a fallback one for IBrowserView that is just empty.