[Framework-Team] Re: Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 23 23:13:55 UTC 2007

It's a fundamental HTML form issue.  No matter what the name of the
field (e.g. even if it has a ':boolean'), if the checkbox is not
checked then the input is not included in the request (so the value
won't be changed).  It may be possible to use a hidden field with a
False value, so that something is always submitted.  IIRC Zope will
interpret two fields with the same name as a list of values (even
without ':list').  So a hidden field that is False and a checkbox that
is checked will give [False, True] which will evaluate to True in a
boolean context, but an unchecked checkbox and a hidden False value
will just give the False value from the hidden field.  If that doesn't
work, then I think js is the only way to do this without introspecting
the schema to see what boolean fields may have been missing from the
form.

Alec