[Framework-Team] Re: suggestion for central place to import tool interfaces from

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Mar 12 23:54:58 UTC 2007

Tom Lazar wrote:

> so how about just following through with andi's proposal and just use
> something like `CMFPlone.interfaces.helpers` etc.

+0.5

I'd rather it wasn't in Products.CMFPlone, but maybe somewhere in
plone.app.* could work.

The challenge is that you can't make this do anything except the core
interfaces that ship with Plone, and third party products will still
require their own imports. Still, I think it would be okay to simplify
this for the "core" tools so that there was a single place to import from.

This would need to be convenience imports only: In no way should any
interfaces be defined *only* in this package.