[Framework-Team] Re: Base tag

Geir Bækholt · Plone Solutions baekholt at plonesolutions.com
Sat Mar 10 11:01:54 UTC 2007

On 9. mar. 2007, at 17.22, Laurence Rowe wrote:

>> I would vote for keeping the base tag anyway, as it would make the
>> site not break if someone makes a wrong link somewhere.
>> Another possibility to help this would be to make all folderish
>> content redirect to get the trailing slash, like Apache does.
>
> +1 on redirecting
>
> Historically the Zope mantra has been to return data rather than
> redirect to save the overhead of processing an extra request. Plone
> is a complex application and I suspect this overhead is negligible
> compared to rendering a page. Matching Apache's behaviour would
> make things conceptually simpler.
>
> INonStructuralFolders should probably not have a trailing slash
> appended.

If INonStructuralFolders don't redirect and don't have base tags,
relative links to the objects contained in them may easily break.
They exhibit the exact same behavior as normal folders…

:)

Geir Bækholt     ·    Managing Director     ·    Plone Solutions

Consulting · Training · Development ·  http://plonesolutions.com