[Framework-Team] beta1 release timing
wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Mar 8 22:21:00 UTC 2007
At this moment there are a few items holding up a beta1 release;
- five.localsitemanager needs to be modified to handle the internal
API so KSS views work again. Rocky is going to look at that this
- it is currently impossible to remove a plone site: when items in the
site are going to be deleted the site itself has already going, which
makes getUtility explode
- wicked does not handle the default frontpage. Whit is going to look
at that this weekend
- CMF 2.1 does not have a release yet
- getToolByName gives us a lot of deprecation warnings. We can do two
things: undeprecate getToolByName in plone 3.0, deprecate in 3.5 and
remove in 4.0. Or fix all getToolByNames in 3.0. This is doable with
The last one is a decision that we need to make.
It will take a couple of days for this to settle down, I'm leaving for a
week of snowboarding tomorrow evening, so here is my proposal: we delay
the beta a bit further to Monday, March 19. At that point I'll make a
decision on deprecating or undeprecating getToolByName and make a
release based on whatever product and package releases exist at that
It's a shame we have to postpone the beta further, but the CMF changes
require some important change in our codebase that need to be finished.
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.
More information about the Framework-Team