[Framework-Team] Re: Base tag

Geir Bækholt · Plone Solutions baekholt at plonesolutions.com
Wed Mar 7 22:12:18 UTC 2007

On 6. mar. 2007, at 01.23, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> My point in the bug thread is that I *think* the solution is to
> make sure slashing of links is always consistent: if it's
> folderish, put / at the end, if not, don't.

I can confirm that the solution is to always have a trailing slash
for folderish content.
That way we can :
1) keep the base tag if we want, with no harm
2) remove the base tag if we want, with no harm
3) never get anchor problems

I would vote for keeping the base tag anyway, as it would make the
site not break if someone makes a wrong link somewhere.

Another possibility to help this would be to make all folderish
content redirect to get the trailing slash, like Apache does.

Geir Bækholt     ·    Managing Director     ·    Plone Solutions

Consulting · Training · Development ·  http://plonesolutions.com