[Framework-Team] Re: Base tag

Rocky rocky at serverzen.com
Tue Mar 6 11:50:23 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 6:36 am, Martin Aspeli <optil... at gmx.net> wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> >> Yeah, I know. :)
>
> >> My point in the bug thread is that I *think* the solution is to make
> >> sure slashing of links is always consistent: if it's folderish, put / at
> >> the end, if not, don't.
>
> > We can always put a / at the end; Zope should handle that correctly.
>
> Sure, but it means having a general solution for that everywhere. Maybe
> we can patch absolute_url()? :)

On a somewhat separate note, we should probably start using context/
@@absolute_url instead of context.absolute_url() anyhow.  It's cleaner
plus it's more likely to continue working as we adopt more and more
zope3 techniques.  In this case, patching wouldn't be necessary, all
we'd have to do is override the absolute_url mult-adapter.

Of course this doesn't resolve existing usage of absolute_url() (and
continued usage by add-on developers).

Regards,
Rocky