[Framework-Team] Re: Base tag

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 00:23:00 UTC 2007

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:48:46 -0800, Martin Aspeli
> <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> According to the ticket, there is at least an easy fix for the
>> select-all-in-IE issue. See also the note from Geir and my attempt at
>> summarising the problem.
>
> Right, the reason I don't want to have a base tag is actually not related
> to the IE bug, but rather the fact that it breaks HTML anchors, something
> we have started to use a lot lately (and Kupu now has support for).

Yeah, I know. :)

My point in the bug thread is that I *think* the solution is to make
sure slashing of links is always consistent: if it's folderish, put / at
the end, if not, don't.

When this problem is solved, the <base> tag should do no harm (I
think...) and anchors should work, so once we've solved this (which we
have to do anyway) the <base> tag either becomes moot or becomes easy to
remove.