[Framework-Team] Re: Inline editing
optilude at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 00:04:46 UTC 2007
Florian Schulze wrote:
> I would really like opinions on this.
This thread got really long, but having played with it on and off today,
here's what I would prefer:
- Single click to invoke edit but
- When edit mode is invoked, the focus must be set to the newly
appeared edit box! At the moment, this requires two clicks
- Save on-blur (as now); if focus is set automatically, this means
that you shouldn't be able to get more than one inline edit at the same time
- I'd actually explicitly disallow multiple inline edits at any one
time, I think it's confusing.
- Escape cancels (as now)
- In a text box (<input type="text" /> or type="password"), pressing
Enter saves (currently it does strange things about leaving the page,
this is bad.
- In a text area or kupu, Enter works as normal.
- Ideally, a double-click should not trigger it, just a single click.
Not sure how doable that is in JS.
More information about the Framework-Team