[Framework-Team] Re: Inline editing

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Mar 4 23:40:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:51:47 -0800, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Note that the original idea, if I remember limi's slides right, was that
> it'd look like an edit box on hover, and you'd click to position your
> cursor *where you clicked*. That'd be very slick and seamless.

Correct. I think we don't have a handler for getting the focus to be
exactly where you clicked yet, but I believe we can focus the field, at
least. This will make things almost perfect, and we'll have to wait until
a later release of KSS to get the precise cursor positioning.

> I'm not wedded to the idea, though. I think it needs user testing. For
> example, Shift+Click is too obscure IMHO, and I don't know very many
> non-geeks who double- or triple-click things (or know that they even
> can) to select text. :)

Right, the whole reason why I kept pushing this before the beta is because
I want to see how people respond to it. Godefroid has been kicking ass
lately, and it's 95% of the way there (still missing: focus on click
+ support save on enter in one-line fields).

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net