[Framework-Team] Re: Inline editing

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Sat Mar 3 23:04:17 UTC 2007

On 3/3/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Alec Mitchell wrote:
> > As one who compulsively clicks and highlights things while reading
> > them, I'm very much against single click edit. :-)
>
> And I thought I was the only one doing that... :)

That's not enough of an argument against single click. Flickr does
handle selecting without toggling an edit, so that means we can do the
same.

Heck with a timer before triggering we could even handle double and
triple clicks. For example, if a second click happens less than 500ms
after the first click then it's a double click. Of course if
javascript can't give us 500ms granularity then that wouldn't be
doable.

Who hasn't configured the double-click threshold on their Windows
raise your hand :)

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214