[Framework-Team] Inline editing

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Sat Mar 3 10:27:50 UTC 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> it seems I was wrong when I said inline-edit was triggered by
>> selection.

imo that's how limi wanted it to behave:  invoke edit mode on release
so you can still select things.  personally this particular behaviour
makes sense, but...

>> Perhaps we can make the trigger configurable?

...i'm +1 here, since apparently there are many different opinions
about this.  alternatively, we should have a short tutorial on where
and how to change it, at least.

>> You could even make the current hover
>> styling show a little popup which says 'shift-click to edit'.

+1 (to making things more obvious for the user).

> And I would love to have a quick abort method as well. Something like
> hit escape and return to normal view mode.

and another +1 here... :)

just my 2 (euro)cents,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de