[Framework-Team] Re: Inline editing

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Mar 2 23:51:47 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> How about a highlight-on-hover like we have now, but with double-click
> instead of single-click?

Having used it for all of five seconds now, I think this is what I'd
prefer. I like the visual cue we have now (even if I'd prefer it if the
page didn't move so much...), but double-click makes more sense to me.

Note that the original idea, if I remember limi's slides right, was that
it'd look like an edit box on hover, and you'd click to position your
cursor *where you clicked*. That'd be very slick and seamless.

Atm, the UI still changes when you go into edit mode. You get a bigger
title box, and save/cancel buttons, or kupu. Still quite slick, but not
as seamless. A double-click feels more "serious" to me for gaining
access to a different mode of the page.

I'm not wedded to the idea, though. I think it needs user testing. For
example, Shift+Click is too obscure IMHO, and I don't know very many
non-geeks who double- or triple-click things (or know that they even
can) to select text. :)