[Framework-Team] Re: Remove community_workflow?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Jun 5 01:28:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:23:34 -0700, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> In reference to https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6501, I *think* it
> would be safe and sensible to remove community_workflow and
> community_folder_workflow from the standard Plone 3 install, and
> re-title the plone_workflow and plone_default_workflow to be called
> "Community site workflow" and "Community site folder workflow" or some
> such.
>
> That is, the new community_workflow's are more or less identical to the
> old (but updated/sanitised) plone_workflow's. We can't remove the
> plone_* ones since too many things depend on them, but that's just a
> matter of the id anyway.
>
> Objections?

Not from me, I believe this is the only sane way to do it. Keeps backwards
compatibility while introducing the new workflows. As long as we have
titles, nobody cares about IDs. :)

…and if we're lucky, we'll have descriptions in DCWorkflows in 2.1 final
too (thanks, Jens!):

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/480

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net