[Framework-Team] wicked stuff

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:12:13 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi Whit,
>
> In the interest of getting releases out ... do you have any comment on
> https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6284?
>
> Martin

a couple(nouri looked at this a while a back and I've been playing with
it yesterday and today).

Technical comments::

I hacked together something that should work afaict, except I get
non-deterministic traversal errors for the portal_factory in the tests::

excerpt:
        new_content =
self.context.restrictedTraverse('portal_factory/%s/%s' % (type_name, id_))
      File
"/Users/whit/dev/env/p3/src/ploneout/parts/zope2/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py",
line 301, in restrictedTraverse
        return self.unrestrictedTraverse(path, default, restricted=True)
      File
"/Users/whit/dev/env/p3/src/ploneout/parts/zope2/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py",
line 269, in unrestrictedTraverse
        raise e
    KeyError: 'ATContentTypes Topic: Add ATBooleanCriterion'

And in the browser, ArchivistUnregisteredError for the piece of content
I'm trying to edit.  Nouri reported issues with the creation of the
backlink (at) references; not sure if I got that far.

I checked in a drop-in replacement view that would use PF for content
creation, so maybe someone with more pf foo can figure this one out:
http://tinyurl.com/yvm8fd.

You can activate it by uncommenting this reg: http://tinyurl.com/2dkz5x
(and of course commenting the corresponding one).

Less Technical::

(why I'm less than motivated to invest more time in pursuing #6284)

1. the general wiki usage pattern and the plone security model make the
possibility of creation of unwanted content rather low.  Most people use
wiki links to rapidly layout a set of pages they want created whether
they follow the links or not.  Creating empty pages in a wiki is
creating a structure (content with ids and titles) to be filled in
rather in contrast to the the result of random clicking of an add item
button or menu and creating a un-titled, id-less document.

2. After running wicked at opencore for almost 2 years, we've never had
a complaint or issue with this.  It may be slightly "bad form" but
pragmatically, I not sold that it's worth the time mucking with pf.

3. inline adding via kss (or proper addviews for plone and/or at) are
probably the next step for wicked links, making this pf dance irrelevant
in the future.

I also added multiple pattern support( ie [[]] or (()) ).  Whichever
pattern matches first is used for the whole block of text.  I'm not sure
this is the preferred behavior, but it was much faster to implement(and
the code is easier to read than the regexes).  Perhaps someone knows an
alternating regex that will work with the existing code.

some variations that did not:

-w

--

------ d. whit morriss ------