[Framework-Team] Re: plip 101 - batch and sort

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Tue Jan 23 13:22:18 UTC 2007

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> whit schrieb:
>
> Hi Whit,
>
>> how far along is your student
>
> so far that you can get a Product from the URL mentioned
> below to install this into a Plone-2.5.x site.
> And it works ;-)
>
>> and are they using kss to do this?
>
> Yes.
>
>> very interested, was looking at tackling this this week.
>>

> so maybe you want to take a look there first.
>
> Raphael
>
> PS: for the impatient ;-)
>
> The kss declarations are:
>
> table.listing th:click {
>     evt-click-preventdefault: True;
>     action-server: manipulateBatch;
>     manipulateBatch-field: nodeAttr("id");
>     manipulateBatch-sort: nodeAttr("sort");
> }
>
> div.listingBar span.navigator:click {
>     evt-click-preventdefault: True;
>     action-server: browseBatch;
>     browseBatch-start: nodeAttr("bstart");
> }
>
> body:load {
>     action-server: replaceNavigator;
> }
> /*
> body:unload {
>     action-server: clearSessionObject;
> }*/
>
> where the server actions called from there are provided
> by view classes configured for the folder and topic
> respectively. Other than that the are only two new
> templates with modified listing and navigation macros
> (well, and the Batch class is patched to provide some
> suitable info in addition).
>
> It's really not much code.

I had not seen this before today... Great !

Is there a public SVN where we can take a look ?

Florian, how is your experience with KSS ? It would be interesting to
have some feedback. Balazs and I (at least) will be sprinting in the
snow. So we could take a look at your remarks, if there are any.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)- BubbleNet  http://bubblenet.be