[Framework-Team] Re: wicked integration w/ plone 3

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 5 13:20:18 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli schrieb:

[..]

> I don't think having TTW configuration for which *fields* should get
> the Wicked treatment makes much sense (too low level).

Agreed.

But in the long run it might very well make sense.

I like for instance the 'textfilter' approach and I could
imagine more functionality managed that way. I think in particular
of the way in which I currently support inline citations in CMFBib
via PortalTransforms which sucks in that it's not really a
trafo between different mime types but only fake ones.
Similar for 'safe-html' or 'html-captioned'.
Having these testfilter-based would be much nicer I think.

Having the possibility to configure TTW (ZMI or configlet)
which filters to apply for which fields - maybe even controled
by conditions (e.g., safe-html filtering is skipped for content
coming from trusted users to make up an example) could go a long
way.

[..]

> Wicked types:
>
> [ ] News Item
> [ ] Event
> [x] Document

Talking about content types: What I would like to see in addition
(but I admit that it's too late to asked for that now) is a way
to offer the (power) user to specify the content type to be created
on add. Something like (in the context of a page):

  ... as outlined in the [[Plone UI Sprint Announcement]][News Item]
  our next meeting will be focusing on UI (more details on the
  [[Plone UI Sprint]][Event] calendar entry)

would then generate a 'News Item' and an 'Event' entry respectively.

Browsing through the code, I see that 'add_content' actually
supports this but I was unable to find this in the UI.

Anyway: +1 on the merge

Raphael

PS: could be just me but when trying to play with the review
bundle it just didn't work (complaining about a missing migration).
Also, when trying to follow the 'easy_install' suggestion that
I found somewhere I only get:

"""
Creating /extra2/sites/testWicked/lib/python/site.py
Searching for wicked
Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/wicked/
Couldn't find index page for 'wicked' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/
No local packages or download links found for wicked
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('wicked')
[ritz at pitts testWicked]$
"""

No time to look deeper into this at the moment :-(