[Framework-Team] wicked integration w/ plone 3

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:10:42 UTC 2007

initially seems to be working using ATDocument unaltered(no special
fields, no special content).

I need to do a bit more testing, but wicked's tests run against ATCT
without issue(in 3 flavors: wicked for all AT text fields, just primary
textfield for newsitem, event and document and document only).

see:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/wicked/lib/wicked/trunk/wicked/plone/

what fields get the wicked treatment is current determined in zcml(the
zcml marks the specific fields to enact behavior therefore has to happen
act configuration time rather than via persistent component).

This provides some flexibility, but later we may want to mark the fields
more explicitly(say, in the content class itself).   I chose the 3
configuration options above mainly to cess out possible problems; I
imagine we would decide on a configuration to ship plone with, and then
the intrepid could twiddle the zcml if they so desired.

Probably document-only.zcml would be the best default.

that leaves the controlpanel...which is about a third done...

night,

-w