[Framework-Team] Re: new workflows

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Feb 28 00:41:51 UTC 2007

Previously Alex Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:27:18AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > I have been looking at the new workflows in the CMFPlone
> > aclrak-ui-sprint-workflow-integration branch and I'm afraid they aren't
> > where they should be.
>
> That's true,
> - http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/aclark-ui-sprint-workflow-integration
>
> is (hopefully) everything from:
> - http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/plip26-additional-workflows
>
> only on a branch closer to trunk (to make merging easier). With the exception of:
> - http://tinyurl.com/yvoylq
>
> in which I fixed the testStateTitles test
> to account for the new workflows.

I've made a few changes on aclark-ui-sprint-workflow-integration as
well.

> > Some things I noticed are:
> > - there are no migration steps to create the new workflows
>
> I don't think I follow... you mean migration steps from older versions of Plone ?

Yes: in migrations/v3_0/alphas.py there should be code which creates the
new workflows in the portal_workflow tool, along with a test in
test/testMigrations.py to test that.

> > - the private transition in the simple workflow does not work: it has
> >   the wrong URL expression (it uses private instead of make_private).
> >   I fixed that one in http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/13314
>
> Cool! I tested a bunch of transitions TTW at the sprint but I didn't
> catch that (and testing TTW is pointless I am learning :-)

It was the very first thing I tried unfortuantely, which immediately tainted
my experience a bit.

> > - the tests for the workflows are still far form complete. These should
> >   have caught the previous item immediately
>
> Agreed.
>
> > At this point I am not sure if we should merge the new workflows, but
> > instead allow them to mature in an external package and reconsider them
> > for inclusion in 3.5.
>
> Well, I'd personally be disappointed if they didn't get merged and I'm
> willing to work hard between now and the RC releases to change your mind :-)
> There are others available to help as well I think, Andrew B?

Martin might be volunteering to help with tests as well.

Wichert.