[Framework-Team] Re: new workflows

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Wed Feb 28 00:30:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:27:18AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I have been looking at the new workflows in the CMFPlone
> aclrak-ui-sprint-workflow-integration branch and I'm afraid they aren't
> where they should be.

That's true,
- http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/aclark-ui-sprint-workflow-integration

is (hopefully) everything from:
- http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/plip26-additional-workflows

only on a branch closer to trunk (to make merging easier). With the exception of:
- http://tinyurl.com/yvoylq

in which I fixed the testStateTitles test
to account for the new workflows.

> Some things I noticed are:
> - there are no migration steps to create the new workflows

I don't think I follow... you mean migration steps from older versions of Plone ?

> - the private transition in the simple workflow does not work: it has
>   the wrong URL expression (it uses private instead of make_private).
>   I fixed that one in http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/13314

Cool! I tested a bunch of transitions TTW at the sprint but I didn't catch that
(and testing TTW is pointless I am learning :-)

> - the tests for the workflows are still far form complete. These should
>   have caught the previous item immediately

Agreed.

> At this point I am not sure if we should merge the new workflows, but
> instead allow them to mature in an external package and reconsider them
> for inclusion in 3.5.

Well, I'd personally be disappointed if they didn't get merged and I'm
willing to work hard between now and the RC releases to change your mind :-)
There are others available to help as well I think, Andrew B?

Alex

--
Alex Clark