[Framework-Team] Plone 3.0 release schedule

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Feb 1 10:58:01 UTC 2007

As we discussed earlier the last release schedule is not workable
anymore. The last proposal we discussed was this one:

 - January 7th  : final bundles merged
 - January 21st : first beta release
 - March 11th   : first release candidate
 - April 23rd   : release

That one is no longer realistic with the Baarn sprint (and me being too
busy lately to get people to clean stuff up). With the Baarn sprint
scheduled for Feb 17-20 I think the current plans should be:

 Feb 10 - second alpha release
 Feb 26 - first beta release
 Apr 9  - first release candidate
 May    - final release

This depends on a few things:
- the Baarn sprint focuses on all remaining UI work. All UI changes
  should be merged and stable one week after the print, so we can move
  to beta
- the Sorrento sprint focuses on cleaning up any remaining issues and
  starts thinking about PLIPs for Plone 3.5. One week after this sprint
  we can go to the first release candidate

I am hoping that the release candidates will be really polished as a
result of the sprints so we can quickly go to a full release.

This will require a strong focus on the sprints and quick
cleaning-up/merging after them. I'm hoping that the people here can help
in trying to accomplish that.

Wichert.

----- End forwarded message -----