[Framework-Team] Cleaning up the bundles a bit, getting rid of getCVS.sh

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Feb 1 00:55:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

Currently, we have two dependencies that should be handled in a better way
than they are now: AdvancedQuery and ZopeVersionControl.

I propose that we check these in to a directory for third-party
components, the same way as Kapil did it when he had ZVC located in the
ObjectRealms SVN. Something like this:

svn.plone.org/plone/thirdparty/AdvancedQuery/tags/2.2
svn.plone.org/plone/thirdparty/ZopeVersionControl/tags/0.3.2

(I'm offline right now, and can't remember if we have a suitable
third-party directory or not — but you get the idea :)

...and then link these in as svn:externals. It's annoying (and
error-prone, plus it doesn't work on Windows) to have to invoke a shell
script to get these — as well as the fact that both of these products have
been stable for a long long time. We can switch it back if/when they ever
end up in a public SVN repository.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net