[Framework-Team] PLIP documentation

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Sat Dec 22 13:45:06 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,

hiya,

> I just put some documentation on the implementation of PLIP 203 up
> on the PLIP page (http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203).

hmm, i'm probably missing something, but the "implementation" sections
of that plip is still empty (when viewed both anonymously and logged-
in) and i kinda have the feeling i've read it all before...  anyway,
that's definitely a helpful thing to do, so thanks, potentially in
advance. :)

> I would encourage others to do the same! Perhaps the framework team
> should insist on some documentation?

there should indeed be some sort of documentation and/or hints to help
us with reviewing the bundles as this would probably shorten the time
needed immensely.  so thanks for the reminder, martin — i'm +1 on
making this a requirement.  not necessarily on the plip pages
themselves, a .txt that comes with the package, patches or buildout or
an email to this list would also be fine with me.

> Short of producing or updating how-tos or tutorials on each new
> PLIP, this is the best way in which integrators and other developers
> can get wind of the changes we are putting into 3.1 and learn how to
> use them. Since many of the 3.1 PLIPs are aimed at integrators, I
> think this is an important part of the process, and one that we
> didn't do well enough with for Plone 3.0.

good point, so documentation on the plip pages is preferred! :)

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de