[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP #187 for Plone 3.1

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Dec 22 00:27:54 UTC 2007

Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>>> I am okay with including this one for 3.1; it would be a shame if we
>>> didn't include the work.
>> I'd like to hear from the other framework team members on this. Do we
>> consider this PLIP at all even though it didn't make the deadline? We
>> appear to have a sudden radiosilence.
>
> sorry about not responding earlier — i had very little time during the
> last couple of days and some unexpected events on top.  anyway, i
> don't mind about a few hours or timezone differences, but imho we
> should consider plips which have been submitted more than a day late.
> i know i have two pending votes myself, so i'm probably not the right
> person to make a call here.  however, i think we should at least try
> to stick to the schedule we've put up.  also we've send out reminders
> about the deadline, and 3.2 is not too far away anyway...

Given that this is just the proposal deadline, what's the point in being
so strict? If you are overloaded and/or have already done all the
reviews by the time the late submission takes place, so be it; but if it
costs you nothing extra (beyond what it would take for an on-time PLIP)
to render an opinion for a PLIP that's a day or two late, then why split
hairs? Since we're not merging anything at this point, it's hardly going
to delay the release (presuming the later deadlines for review bundles
etc are met).