[Framework-Team] A question about bundles and PLIP 203

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Dec 21 09:21:35 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have two, somewhat related questions:
>
>  - For pretty much all of my PLIPs, I'll be changing one package only.
> I suspect many Plone 3.1 PLIPs will be the same. I can obviously
> create a buildout (copying ploneout/branches/3.0 and changing the
> svn:externals in src/ to point to my branch), but this will quickly
> lead to a ton of buildouts, the majority of which will be very similar.
>
> How do you feel about a "lite" review bundle that basically is just an
> instruction like "Use ploneout 3.0 branch and svn switch
> src/plone.app.portlets to the following URL"? Perhaps it's a good
> alternative for you guys in cases where there's only one package
> that's changed?
What I did so far is use a plone.recipe.plone based buildout for my
PLIPs. That way you get a very light-weight easy to install and download
buildout that only includes the parts that are specific for my PLIP. I
think that makes it easier to review them as well.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.