[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP #199 : Integration of ARFilePreview in Plone core (preview of office and other binary files)

Jean-Nicolas Bes jnbes at atreal.net
Thu Dec 20 17:47:20 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Thierry Benita wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I propose to include the File Preview feature in next plone release.
>> It is a non intrusive feature that doesn't need to migrate anything in
>> order to work out of the box.
>>
>> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/199
>
> IMHO, the PLIP should specify that it must be possible to turn this off
> and have a near-zero performance penalty.

When you say "turn it off", do you think about :
	- a global setting (site wide)
	- a local setting (for a specific object)
	- a global default (for new objects)

The overhead of registering the zcml but disabling the feature will be :
	- an event subscriber triggering to do nothing but checking the
activation setting.

Best regards,
	Jean-Nicolas.