[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP: Template overrides

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 14 17:52:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 7:56 AM, Malthe Borch <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > so, while i also like the idea, i'm not too sure if plone should ship
> > with it.  i'd agree with martin we should discuss and think this through
> > a little further.  nevertheless, i don't see why the plip wouldn't be
> > acceptable, so +1 on that.
>
> True. I say, let's think of z3c.jbot as inspiration and then accept the
> PLIP that we need some easy way of customizing the default plone skin.

I'd like to see some more detail on this PLIP.  Currently, it seems to
assume the reader is familiar with z3c.jbot, or requires the reviewer
to exaimine the jbot code/docs (which is an burden better left for the
code review phase).  Of course my opinion is irrelevant.  Also, I'm
very much in favor of easier template customization, provided it's
still relatively easy to figure out where a particular template/view
is coming from.

Alec