[Framework-Team] PLIP #212: Use jQuery Javascript Library

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Dec 14 08:04:43 UTC 2007

Previously Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007 5:13 PM, Andreas Zeidler <az at zitc.de> wrote:
> > so, +1 from me, provided we're gonna have the wrapper for cssQuery and
> > an easy way to switch back to the old implementation and the original
> > cssQuery in case anybody needs those...   again something for the
> > migration docs, i suppose.
>
> cssQuery will be moved to the deprecated skin layer and disabled in
> the js tool, so it can be re-enabled quite easily.

-1

Moving it to deprecated is fine, but please do not disable it on
migration. Not enabling it for new sites is fine, but disabling it on
migration has a too big risk of breaking things. We can and should add
text to the release notes that say that cssQuery is now deprecated and
admins can try to disable it on their site to reduce their page size.

Better safe than sorry.

Wichert.