[Framework-Team] Re: Two more PLIPs

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Dec 13 22:49:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 5:47 PM, Laurence Rowe wrote:
> Will have to be, I have quite limited time at the moment.

fair enough.

>> as for the risks, in what possible ways could the changes break
>> existing customizations?  laurence, could you elaborate a little
>> bit here, please?  and can't we provide sensible defaults, so that
>> potential problems are kept to a minimum?
>
> [...]
>
> I'll only pass the workflow_id parameter when the workflow chain is
> more than one workflow - so existing customisations to this script
> will continue to work with existing workflows.

yep, actually that was pretty clear from the plip already (and fine
with me).  i was more wondering about the workflow history — should
have been more specific with my question.  sorry for the extra work.

> * plone.app.layout.viewlets.WorkflowHistoryViewlet and its template
> review_history.pt
>
> Because I need to pass in multiple review histories, any
> customisations to this viewlet will break. I don't think I can avoid
> this without spaghetti code.
> Risk: existing viewlet customisations will break

ok, i didn't realize right away this was a viewlet...  imho, that's
not a too common thing to customize and therefore an acceptable risk,
provided the change and potential breakage is documented properly.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de