[Framework-Team] PLIP #212: Use jQuery Javascript Library

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Dec 13 22:35:40 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007 5:13 PM, Andreas Zeidler <az at zitc.de> wrote:
>> good, but how about going even further and adding a property and a
>> switch in the control panel, which could then be used in conditions
>> within the js registry?  of course, this should be deprecated right
>> away and phased out eventually, but making it as easy as possible for
>> users to switch back would be a plus, imho.
>
> -1, I call KISS on this. It's integrators and product developers
> that'll have to deal with this, and they know how to use GS profiles
> by now. :-)

they would, but what about site admins or end users who — having read
the goals of the 3.1 release — upgrade their sites and suddenly find
that some add-on products or custom js relying on cssQuery doesn't
work anymore.  in theory this shouldn't happen, esp not with this
release, but if it does for whatever reason, wouldn't it be nice to
have a really simply way to fix it again?

then again, the question really is what's simple enough and what's the
likelihood of things breaking this way? :0

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de