[Framework-Team] My PLIPs for 3.1

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Dec 13 22:01:06 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:03 AM, Encolpe Degoute wrote:
> #214: Merge of CMFPlacefulWorkflow into CMFPlone/WorkflowTool
> CMFPlacefulWorkflow is now mature enough to be merge into the
> workflow tool:

hmm, just to make sure, is this about merging the entire product into
plone's workflow tool or just the necessary monkey patches that
support the works of CMFPlacefulWorkflow?  the former would certainly
be too invasive for 3.1, especially since the product isn't used by
default.  on the contrary, being an optional add-on product there
should be as little merging as possible — after all the idea is to
componentize things to make them more easily pluggable, no?

otoh if this is just about merging the two monkey patches in order to
get rid of them (which i don't think it is), i wouldn't mind that.
however, if alec's plip would make these obsolete by allowing to
utilize the CA anyway, i think we should go for that — imho much
cleaner — approach.

so, i guess this would make it a -1 in the first case and a "let's
wait for more information" in the second.

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de