[Framework-Team] PLIPs for 3.1

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Dec 13 21:34:58 UTC 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 6:19 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> 1. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/184 - Ship additional portlets
>
> This is actually raised by Jon Stahl, but I've been involved in the
> implementation of the portlets he's talking about (collection, static
> text, document rendering). I'd like to tidy up the portlets a bit
> (especially if the formlib PLIPs below are accepted and implemented).
> After that, this should be as simple as deciding to ship with a few
> extra eggs.

+1, with the qualifier that I'd like the PLIP to be locked down to the
3 portlets listed there now, and that, as Martin noted, the static
portlet will use the kupu formlib widget from PLIP 200. The PLIP is
currently worded too open-ended but the discussion here has put me at
ease. :-)

Note that I see the static portlet as non-content, which is the common
usecase. Using other content as a portlet is a different angle outside
the scope of the PLIP and although I'd love to see that appear for
Plone, that has many aspects to work out still making it too risky for
3.1, in my opinion.

> 2. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/200 - Kupu formlib widget
>
> We need a Kupu/WYSIWYG widget for formlib-base forms. I'd like to thise
> this in portlets as well as formlib-based content types. The
> implementation here is largely complete.

Absolutely +1, a kupu widget would be a great asset.

> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/201 - Improved UberSelectionWidget
>
> This is about AJAX-enabling the UberSelectionWidget. Andreas and Florian
> and I have started this work already - it just needs a bit more
> JavaScript love. Again, I'd like to use this widget in a few more
> portlets, content rules and formlib-based types.

+1, bring on the USW!

> 3. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/202 - KSS inline editing and
> validation for formlib forms
>
> This is largely implemented, though it needs to be packaged up.

+1, making formlib forms a viable alternative to yet another
archetypes aspect. :-)

> 4. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203 - Manage portlet
> assignments with GenericSetup
>
> This is about making it easier to set up portlet assignments in GS
> profiles. I have a design for this, but no code yet - I plan to work on
> it over Christmas.

+1

> 5. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204 - Manage content rules
> using GenericSetup
>
> This is quite similar to 203. Again, no code, but I know how to do it
> and hope to get it done for January.

+1

--
Martijn Pieters