[Framework-Team] My PLIPs for 3.1

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Wed Dec 12 22:07:28 UTC 2007

On 12.12.2007, at 00:03, Encolpe Degoute wrote:

> I'd like to see the following for 3.1:
>
> #196: GroupUserFolder removing
>
> There were and there are a lot of critical UI bugs around
> GroupUserFolder by PlonePAS. Because of these, several Plone release
> had
> to be delayed. We fix a lot of them in customer branch.

i'm afraid i know too little about GRUF and PAS to evaluate this plip.

/me scratches head...

> #214: Merge of CMFPlacefulWorkflow into CMFPlone/WorkflowTool
>
> CMFPlacefulWorkflow is now mature enough to be merge into the
> workflow tool:
>
>    * since two major version there's no critical bug on it
>    * GenericSetup support is implemented in the trunk
>    * let him outside the workflow tool would leave 2 more monkey
> patches in Plone bundle
>    * all page templates can be merged into a plone_workflow skin with
> the #210

this does seem like one size too heavy for 3.1, but that's just a gut
feeling, as i'm not really familiar with either. i'll pass judgement
on this one until this has been discussed further on the list.

the way it looks, alecm has a plip in the pipeline (plipline?) that
would make this one redundant, do i understand this correctly?

cheers,

tom