[Framework-Team] PLIPs for 3.1

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Dec 2 17:19:23 UTC 2007

Hi team,

I'm submitting the following PLIPs for Plone 3.1. Some of these are
work-in-progress, others I expect to work on over Christmas. There are
no review bundles yet, but the PLIPs point to relevant branches where
possible.

1. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/184 - Ship additional portlets

This is actually raised by Jon Stahl, but I've been involved in the
implementation of the portlets he's talking about (collection, static
text, document rendering). I'd like to tidy up the portlets a bit
(especially if the formlib PLIPs below are accepted and implemented).
After that, this should be as simple as deciding to ship with a few
extra eggs.

2. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/200 - Kupu formlib widget

We need a Kupu/WYSIWYG widget for formlib-base forms. I'd like to thise
this in portlets as well as formlib-based content types. The
implementation here is largely complete.

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/201 - Improved UberSelectionWidget

This is about AJAX-enabling the UberSelectionWidget. Andreas and Florian
and I have started this work already - it just needs a bit more
JavaScript love. Again, I'd like to use this widget in a few more
portlets, content rules and formlib-based types.

3. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/202 - KSS inline editing and
validation for formlib forms

This is largely implemented, though it needs to be packaged up.

4. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203 - Manage portlet
assignments with GenericSetup

This is about making it easier to set up portlet assignments in GS
profiles. I have a design for this, but no code yet - I plan to work on
it over Christmas.

5. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204 - Manage content rules
using GenericSetup

This is quite similar to 203. Again, no code, but I know how to do it
and hope to get it done for January.

Feedback welcome!