[Framework-Team] Re: five.intid compatible with five.localsitemanager

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:49:27 UTC 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> whit wrote:
> [snip]
>> I take this opportunity to bitch that I hate
>> viewcvs, the collective has trac and normal http browsing and often
>> is faster than zope's repository and is not plone specific.  And
>> having to use ssh + svn sucks for creating developer bundles or doing
>> developer checkout view easy_install.  who should I be sending mail
>> to at the ZF?
>
> Your ZF developer board delegate is here and is listening. :)
>
> Are you volunteering to do the work of setting up a trac for zope.org?
> We clearly have part of the functionality of Trac on launchpad, but I
> think for instance a trac timeline and browsing facility would still
> be very useful.
>
> Moving the current infrastructure over to some new system would take
> quite a bit of doing (and not only technically), but if we got
> volunteers to help, we might actually get the ship in motion.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn
I'd be willing to help if it helps (note minimum effort was why
five.intid went into the collective in the first place though).  I'm
tolerant enough of a situation that makes me less inclined to contribute
to zope ... so don't expect a champion or a martyr here.

if you can list what needs to happen and I'll see what I can do but as
stated I'm too old and tired for any heroics.  if you could enumerate a
process for the non-technical side(approvals needed, hardware needed,
access needed, etc), it might help the next someone offers (however half
heartedly) to help. you know, keep the bar low, make meaningful
contribution easy as possible.

grumpily yours,

-w

--