[Framework-Team] Re: five.intid compatible with five.localsitemanager

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Apr 13 15:44:45 UTC 2007

whit <d.w.morriss at gmail.com> writes:

> Ross, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with a
> release(or if you need me to make one).  fiancé is out of town this
> weekend and I'm going to dedicate an evening or two to stuff like
> this.

Firstly, I just want to reiterate that merging this branch as it
currently is will *break* five.intid without five.localsitemanager and
it looks like five.localsitemanager isn't compatible with Zope 2.10.  So
are you giving me the go ahead for that?  Or are you giving me the go
ahead to factor out the bits that are dependent and making them
dependent on a conditional of successful import of
five.localsitemanager?  IOW, do you want to maintain Zope 2.9
compatibility?

    try:
        import five.localsitemanager
    except ImportError:
        USE_LSM = False
    else:
        USE_LSM = True

    if USE_LSM:
        make_objectmanager_site(...)
    else:
        enableLocalSiteHook(...)

I'm not up to speed on eggs yet and don't have the time to get up to
speed just now.  So I'll do what I can to setup the egg dependency on
five.localsitemanager but if you could test the egg specific bits for
me, that would be great.

Other than that I can cut a release myself once I get your final word.

Thanks!
Ross