[Framework-Team] Re: NuPlone and Plone 3.0

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Apr 4 09:02:25 UTC 2007

Previously Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 03:30:52 -0700, Wichert Akkerman
> <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>
> >I'm wearing my release manager hat today and was looking at NuPlone. At
> >the moment there are still a lot things that do not work or look bad in
> >NuPlone (IE support, form styling and control panel styling are easy to
> >find examples). That means that it is currently not in a state where I
> >want it to even ship with Plone 3.
>
> The plan is still the same as outlined earlier:

Whose plan is that? The release plan for all of Plone, which includes
NuPlone at this moment is to be 'feature complete' when we go beta. I
was lenient for NuPlone since it was showing promise and was actively
developed, but that seems to have stopped the moment it was added to the
bundle.

> - Get NuPlone "feature complete" by beta2
>
> - Work on IE6/7 issues towards the RCs
>
> - Decide based on how ready it seems to be whether it should be the
> default in the RCs.

It certainly won't become the default anymore. We're in full
bugfixing-only mode now and a change like that is too big.

Wichert.