[Framework-Team] Re: Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Apr 4 07:04:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:47:35 -0700, whit
<d.w.morriss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alec Mitchell wrote:
>> I don't see why this should be considered any better/worse than the
>> content add menu which uses the exact same links and will be shown on
>> all such pages as well.  From a spiders point of view, it's not
>> different, AFAIK.  Not that this isn't an important issue, but we've
>> lived with it for a long time.

Forget the spidering comment, that was just an additional concern. The
real issue here is that people get "dead content objects" since it doesn't
use portal_factory. It's Plone 1.0/2.0 all over again.

> this is like 3-4 line fix unless you wanted to create a proper add view
> (ie less effort than has been expended in writing emails about it).
> might have time this weekend to do it.

Why not just link to the same adding method as Plone uses instead of the
old-style adding method? That way, portal_factory is used, and everyone is
happy.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net