[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:47:35 UTC 2007

Alec Mitchell wrote:
>> it is
>> will
>> >
>> > Hasn't happened.
>>
>> Am I right in thinking this should be considered a seriousish bug?
>
> I don't see why this should be considered any better/worse than the
> content add menu which uses the exact same links and will be shown on
> all such pages as well.  From a spiders point of view, it's not
> different, AFAIK.  Not that this isn't an important issue, but we've
> lived with it for a long time.
who spiders with credentials? The real issue is clicky users creating
content they don't actually edit.  This is more of an annoyance than a
barn-burner considering it's a wiki convention that most of the time
people use the syntax so they can rapidly create and populate a link.

this is like 3-4 line fix unless you wanted to create a proper add view
(ie less effort than has been expended in writing emails about it).
might have time this weekend to do it.

an kss inline of the add item page would be by far the best solution
overall(still need above as a fallback).

-w

--

------ d. whit morriss ------
- senior engineer, opencore -