[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Apr 3 19:11:21 UTC 2007

Alec Mitchell wrote:
>>> Hasn't happened.
>> Am I right in thinking this should be considered a seriousish bug?
>
> I don't see why this should be considered any better/worse than the
> content add menu which uses the exact same links and will be shown on
> all such pages as well.  From a spiders point of view, it's not
> different, AFAIK.  Not that this isn't an important issue, but we've
> lived with it for a long time.

True. So what's it using now? In any case, if it's not using
createObject it probably should (if feasible) just to standardise on
that API.

Note that the add menu can make use of z3 add views now. I don't think
there's an immediate need for wicked to do the same, but if it uses
createObject, then we could make createObject support addviews as well
in the future, again through a common interface.