[Framework-Team] NuPlone and Plone 3.0

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Apr 3 10:30:52 UTC 2007

I'm wearing my release manager hat today and was looking at NuPlone. At
the moment there are still a lot things that do not work or look bad in
NuPlone (IE support, form styling and control panel styling are easy to
find examples). That means that it is currently not in a state where I
want it to even ship with Plone 3.

So, what can we do about it? From what I gather:

- Cornelis does not have the time to work on NuPlone, but does not mind
  if others work on it. He does want to be consulted for any stylistic
  changes.

- Denis is willing to work on IE support for it

- Danny has a made a fair number of improvements on the Informaat
  NuPlone-based intranet design, which might be mergable into NuPlone
  directly. But he has no time to work on that.

This does not make me very optimistic for NuPlone's chances of staying
in. Unless something magic happens quickly I think we need to take it
out of the bundle and reconsider it for inclusion in Plone 3.5.

Wichert.