[Framework-Team] PLIP145 Locking - Review

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 13:40:20 UTC 2006

Hi Sidnei,

On 9/26/06, Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:17:56PM +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> | - If we can make AT fire generic events then maybe the locking can
> | live outside AT?
>
> That would be great.
>
> | The hard part is obviously the UI, since base_edit
> | would probably have to be aware of it.
>
> That's not true. If you re-use the 'document actions' (which
> PloneLockManager did), then you need an ActionProvider where you can
> specify conditions based on interfaces. It could even just proxy the
> ActionProvider API to browser:menu thingies.

Well, the way the PLIP145 bundle works, you get a warning message when
you go to the edit tab, but with an option of stealing the lock. If
there is no lock, when you go the edit tab, a lock is automatically
obtained. Meaning, you need some "about to edit" event and base_edit
needs to know there is a lock that may be stealable. However, some
generic marker interfaces and events should make that possible without
the exact locking implementation being tied to AT.