[Framework-Team] Re: update on plip 148: move to CMF-2.1

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Sep 21 16:38:19 UTC 2006

> I just checked in some fixes that at least "work for me".

Great!

> Please svn up and test with some other products that
> provide content types (but no custom workflows - this
> still is, and probably ever will be, unsupported the old way).

That's a shame about the workflows. We are sure it just can't be done?
Of course, the old Python-based workflow setup was nasty, nasty. I
think we can get away with it, especially if we have clear migration
guides. That may look like

1. start your site up in 2.5
2. dump the following GS exporter
3. save
4. use the following code to load up again

That could be code that uses Install.py, and/or full extension
profiles (we probably want to explain both; it's not very hard).

> Both the default type actions should be back in all cases
> as well as resonable defaults generated for the method aliases.

Phew :)

> PS: almost surely I broke CMF-1.x compatibility but that's
> nothing to worry about - or is it?

No. Supporting multiple CMF versions in a given plone versino is just nuts. :)