[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 48 review notes

Simon Eisenmann simon at struktur.de
Fri Sep 15 17:57:53 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

thanks for reviewing the bundle. I have a couple of remarks.

SessionCrumbler was not written for this. Instead its a well maintained
product which is in use some hundred production systems worldwide. Are
you sure you want a seperate (fork) of the SessionCrumbler codebase just
for layout reasons?

There is a thing called sessionlazycheck inside the SessionCrumbler
product. This is a tiny python module which allows code to check if
there is a session without actually creating one. This needs to be used
anywhere inside the system where it might be required to get session
content (i have no idea if there are such places atm, but in the past
there have been a lot).

Really the two issues are non issues cause they are just documentation
issues. But i aggree that this change to plone needs to be known to the
CacheFu Devs.

Some other remark onto sessions. Imho we have to make sure that no
session is created for plone anoymous access. Regarding this would mean
only request without session are cacheable. As soon as a request has a
session it might be personalized and is not cacheable without further
consideration (at least this should be the default for html pages,
images (most important skin stuff) should be cached anytime).

Best regards,
Simon