[Framework-Team] Re: Now what do we do?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Sep 1 20:37:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:52:21 -0700, Encolpe Degoute
<encolpe.degoute at ingeniweb.com> wrote:

> Our team wishes to highlight PLIP 154 as we think it is nearly
> implemented by FileSystemStorage + AttachmentField (still SVN).

By the time Plone 3.5 ships, it's highly likely that Zope has proper BLOB
support, and this will no longer be an issue. Zope 2.11 (the current
target) may even have a beta out by the time we ship our first betas, and
depending on the changes, we could possibly support both Zope 2.10 and
Zope 2.11 - we have been able to support two zope releases in all our
releases since Plone 2.0 so far.

While I think what you are doing is great, it feels like the wrong layer
to solve it at when it comes to embedding something in the core.