[Framework-Team] Re: Error starting 3.0 bundle

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 19:58:43 UTC 2006

whit wrote:

> my opinion is a little elbow grease to get this worked out now rather
> than later would go a long way. eggs are bit of pain, but we don't need
> to wait for any zope gods to descend from on high to make things better.

I agree in principle, I just can't bring myself to spend lots of time on
low-level setup when I really just want to get something done. I still
haven't managed to get eggs to work reliably for tests or Zope startup.
I also find it a bit difficult to work with workingenv.py - not
terrible, but I tend to interact with the same Zope instance in more
than one terminal and then I need to keep the active env's in sync.

And heaven knows how any of this works on Windows...

I would love to see a clear and well-documented (!) story for this!