[Framework-Team] AJAX decision must be made THIS WEEK

Benjamin Saller bcsaller at objectrealms.net
Thu Oct 12 17:39:12 UTC 2006

It hardly seems like an issue at this point. I think the idea is clear.
Ignoring what you may think of the technology I've been on other
projects and won't be putting significant time into Bling. There was a
time when this was possible but that time is past.

I think its smart of the community to go with what they feel is well
supported and the efforts of the Azax/KSS team are more than commendable.

Personally I believe that the goals of both projects, to protect the
developer from Javascript were based on the climate of a year or two ago
and that with the documents, books, frameworks and libraries rich web
UI's are much more accessible now than they were when I started the
project.  Bling was (and I think KSS is) designed around the idea of
making additive changes to existing UIs without requiring the developer
to learn JS.  In todays world its unlikely that existing UIs are
compelling enough to warrant minor additive improvements without
considering the entire toolset available to the modern interface
designer.  Leading applications are simply getting more sophisticated
and require the same thought as designing traditional GUI applications.

For doing additive changes I think Azax might be too much framework but
this is not my call. For doing completely new UIs Bling would be too little.

-Ben